COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update
DFI is continually monitoring the rapidly changing situation related to the spread of the coronavirus. The health and safety of our members, attendees and staff is of utmost importance and is the focus of our decisions in holding our events.
DFI45 is still planned as scheduled for October in National Harbor, but we urge you to keep an eye on your email and this conference website for up-to-date information on the event status.
Monday, Oct. 12 - Pre-Conference: Board and Technical Committee Chairs Meetings
Tuesday, Oct. 13 - Pre-Conference: Technical Committee Meetings and Women in Deep Foundations Networking Reception
Wednesday, Oct. 14 - Conference Day 1 (Full Day): DFI Educational Trust 5K Fun Run/Walk, Exhibits, Opening Plenary and Technical Sessions, Welcome Luncheon, Conference Welcome Reception and Poster Presentations
Thursday, Oct. 15 - Conference Day 2 (Full Day): Exhibits, Technical Sessions, Business Meeting Luncheon, Hal Hunt Lecture on Communications, Awards Reception & Banquet
Friday, Oct. 16 - Conference Day 3 (Half-Day): Exhibits, Technical Sessions and Closing Plenary
*Schedule subject to changeWant to view At-A-Glance highlights of the Conference? Click here.
All payments are net 30 days from the date of registration and payable in full in advance of the conference dates.
- Network with the largest gathering of practitioners specializing in cutting-edge technologies for deep foundations, deep excavation support, and ground improvement.
- Celebrate the hard work, passion, connections, technologies and professionalism that drive the deep foundations industry worldwide.
- Share international experiences with worldwide experts.
- Discuss and debate technical topics related to all aspects of deep foundations, particularly mega and regional projects, political influences on contract delivery, high value subsurface characterization, national and state codes and standards, professional practice and more.
- Learn the latest results from DFI-funded committee research initiatives that advance the state-of-practice of design and construction methods.
- Visit the Exhibit Hall featuring more than 150 companies to learn from these technology partners about their products and services.
- Explore National Harbor and Washington D.C.!
Video: The Value of Attending DFI Conferences
New online registration fees coming soon.
A dedicated group of industry professionals serve on the Conference Organizing Committee for this event. Led by Conference Chair, Sebastian Lobo-Guerrero, Ph.D., P.E., project engineer/lab manager at American Geotechnical and Environmental Services (AGES) and Technical Program Co-Chairs, Jennifer E. Nicks, Ph.D., P.E. research geotechinical engineer of the U.S. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), and Gregg V. Piazza, P.E., Northeast engineering manager of GeoStructures, Inc., this event is expected to serve attendees at a high-level.