Overview & Rates
This 2½-day Shotcrete Short Course, with optional 1 ½-day add-on EFNARC Nozzleman Certification Program, consists of two days of classroom presentations by ten world-class shotcrete experts covering subjects such as:
- the current American Concrete Institute (ACI), ACI Committee 506 Specifications and Guides;
- wet-mix and dry-mix applications;
- hand-held and robotic applications;
- mix designs and chemical admixtures;
- pre-construction testing and qualifications;
- material handling and storage;
- surface preparation and groundwater control
- placing auxiliary equipment;
- measurement and payment;
- safety; and
- several case histories plus much more.
Also, there will be a ½ day of on-site field demonstrations showing equipment being used, field testing, mixing and shotcrete being placed. Hand, as well as mechanical (aka robot) placement, methods of wet and dry mixes will be demonstrated. Each registered course attendee will receive a copy of three ACI publications on shotcrete.
The optional 1½-day EFNARC Nozzleman Certification Program, at an additional fee of $1,200. An EFNARC examiner will be available during the classroom and the field demo portions of the course, as well as to administer the EFNARC written exam and to assess the nozzleman candidates’ shooting ability. Upon successful completion of the course, exam and practical assessment, internationally recognized certificates will be issued by EFNARC.
Contractors, engineers, nozzlemen, public authority/agency officials, tunneling and anchored earth retention professionals, civil and mining engineering professionals and students are encouraged to attend. Shotcrete producers, chemical additive suppliers, tunnel support manufacturers, pumps, and other equipment/material manufacturers or distributors are also encouraged to attend to meet and greet the course attendees.
Full Registration for Attendees and Speakers Includes:
- Informative Classroom Presentations
- Dynamic Field Demonstrations
- Interactive Networking Receptions
- Informative Mining History Tours
- Continental Breakfasts
- Networking Lunches
- Networking Breaks
- ACI Shotcrete Publications
- Access to Online Course Materials
Persons interested in adding this certification program on to their course registration must:
- Register for and Attend the Short Course on September 9-11, 2019
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a nozzleman
- Complete the EFNARC Nozzleman Application Form provided when registering
*If approved to take the certification, you will need to be at the course and certification program from Sept 9-12. If you are not approved to take the certification, you may be refunded the cost of the certification, and if desired, also the course. (View the Course Schedule for complete information.)
DFI Shotcrete Short Course & Optional EFNARC Nozzleman Certification
The purpose of this committee is to identify and facilitate the advancement of new methods and technologies for design, construction, inspection, maintenance and operation of tunnels and underground systems. The committee will foster technology transfer among the owners, stakeholders, designers, contractors, and material suppliers involved in the use and construction of tunnels and underground structures. Collaboration will also be fostered with the academic community, equipment suppliers, and major tunnel contractors and owners to address research needs and knowledge gaps. It will also promote the education and training of students at the graduate and undergraduate levels, fostering and developing emerging industry leaders in this field of practice. Examples of technical focus areas for the committee include: conventional and mechanized excavation methods, design practices for tunnel liners, the use of new materials in construction, waterproofing and water control systems, contracting methods, and the allocation of risk and construction practices.