UNITY HONOR CODE
National UNITY Council (NUC) Constitution and Bylaws
1 a. The Code of Honor Committee recommends the following as the National UNITY Council's Code of Honor Contract to be signed by each National UNITY Council representative at the beginning of his or her respective term:
As a youth council representative serving on the National UNITY Council, I agree to uphold the standards set forth within the following Code of Honor:
- Maintain and promote a healthy mind, body, and lifestyle.
- Observe high standards of taste and decency. This includes refraining from disorderly, lewd, indecent or obscene conduct or expression.
- Refrain from drug and alcohol abuse. This includes refraining from the possession, use or distribution of any illicit drug (as defined by applicable law) and the abuse of alcohol.
- Be honest.
- Respect all personal rights. This includes not physically or verbally abusing any person and not engaging in conduct that threatens or endangers the health or safety of others and their property. Not obstructing or disrupting others in the performance of official duties by officers, functions or other authorized activities of the National UNITY Council. Refraining from theft, concealment of weapons, damage or misuse of the property of others.
- Honor the law of the land.
- Help other National Council Representatives fulfill their responsibilities under this code.
1 b. Compliance
I will conduct myself in a positive manner and in the best interest of UNITY at all times. Failure to comply in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities of National UNITY Council Representatives shall result in disciplinary action(s) as warranted from the Peer Mediation Committee.